Friday, September 14, 2007

It begins?


A few expressions and concepts that might be worth brushing up on over the next few days now that
Northern Rock can't lend money it doesn't have any more and is begging for a bail out...


An artist's impression of the scene outside a typical Northern Rock branch this morning


I'm having real trouble coming up with any wise-arse comments about Northern Rock and the significance of its predicament. The kind of fuck-ups that might be just around the corner really aren't very funny at all


Not one little bit


edit: The Daily Mash is having a stab at wise-arse comments though...


That's the differences between us amateurs and the pros I guess


edit#2: I wish I'd thought about pasting this into my blog first...



.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention the banking system Stef...where do you draw the line between a conspiraloon and your ordinary loon?

http://daniel77witness.blogspot.com/2007/09/spy-james-john-fry-aged-41.html

Elmer Quigley Gooseburger said...

Could the rot go even deeper?

Merkin said...

We are doomed, I tell you.

Good links in the article.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!

It's the rapture and no-one told me, damn I'm gonna get left behind I know it!

Anonymous said...

Forgive my naivety, but those people cueing round the block to withdraw their savings from Northern Rock. Well that money doesn't physically exist to give them does it?

Stef said...

well spotted

I suspect drafts/ building society cheques were the order of the day

Anonymous said...

Blog notes: this may be of interest in a later post. (Err, link didn't work, try this?!

Stef said...

where do you draw the line between a conspiraloon and your ordinary loon?

somewhere just before the point reached in that post

/ returns to banging head against keyboard